It’s hard to believe that 2014 is done and I’ve been blogging for one year!! A lot has happened in the past year. It’s fun to look back through my posts and relive the memories and experiences I’ve written about. The year took me many places and I met a lot of great people. I’m excited to see what is in store for me in 2015. I know there will be many challenges, as there always is, but I’m 100% certain there will be an equal amount of good times and fun.
So what exactly did I do in 2014? Check this list out:
- I ran 5 marathons – Phoenix, Lincoln, Sioux Falls, Twin Cities, and Tulsa
- I attempted to run my first 50k but downgraded to the 20 miler. The following weekend I ran the same 50k course on my own, because I knew I could accomplish it!
- I ran my first relay event, Market to Market Iowa, with some great running buddies.
- I ran my first double race, a 5k followed by a half marathon the next day at Hospital Hill in KC.
- My feet and legs carried me a total of 2365 miles in 2014!
- I applied for, and was accepted to be a relay runner for MS Run the US fundraiser.
- My daughter graduated high school and we took her off to college.
- Hubby and I celebrated 5 years of marriage in Jamaica!
- According to my Instragram, I ate a crap-ton of great food!
I’m sure there are many more but then seriously, we would be here all day. These are just a few highlights. Looking back at the year I see just how blessed I am. I have a family how loves me unconditionally, supports my craziness, and it just all around great.
Looking ahead at 2015, I’m not really a resolution setter, but I do believe in setting goals. I set my goals throughout the year as I need to. Here’s what I’ll be continuing to work on this year:
- Sub 4 hr marathon and 1:45 half marathon goal times
- Complete one unassisted pull-up.
- Take the certification exam for the nutrition course I’ve been studying for.
- Raise $10,000 for MS Run the US and run 165 miles in 6 consecutive days.
- Run 2500+ miles.
- Continue strength training.
- Be present in the moment. (Probably the hardest one for me, but the most important.)
Now that you know mine, share your 2015 goals with me! What does your 2015 look like?